Our techie’s holiday plan set in motion. We are overwhelmed in Information, tech gadget, cables and adapters Tsunami at home. I will leave Sulaiman to explain this infection and its side effects.
Here is a checklist of activities we at home have planned for the digital journey:
- · Backup files, photos and movies in portable drive / DVD /CD as appropriate
- · Pack charges, cables in zipper lock packs and label
- · Clean format 2 desktop and 3 laptops
- · Install all basic productivity, utility, anti-all and driver software
- · Email / Deliver photos of events / friends as suitable and give them a courtesy call
- · Prepare selected pictures and upload to Flickr – take time to browse contact’s streams and leave a comment
- · Empty files from over a dozen CF / DS / Pro / Pro duo memory cards and number them sequentially
- · Virus scan all external media and disinfect
- · Label CD / DVD storage
- · Make a database of over 800movies in DVDs and hard disks
- · Revamp blog, refresh, categorise posts and link to more interesting blogs
- · Charge camera batteries and phone spare batteries
- · Clean camera equipment – lens, tripod
- · Collect all chargeable batteries at home and charge them
- · Make up your mind and discard myriads of cables, components, mouse, flash disk and keyboards that are erroneous
- · If there is time to spare scan articles, photos, certificates and upload
As I type I am thinking – it is a plan for the weekend holidays or annual leave.....I wonder!
Lord give me the strength to pursue even the impossible.