Jimmy Casper of France won the first stage of the 2010 Tour of Oman with Boasson Hagen of Norway following second. This first edition will run between the 14-19th February in 6 different stages has 16 of the 20 teams participating in the Tour de France - a well-known international Annual Cycling race.
RESULTS - Stage1
1. Jimmy Casper (France) Saur-Sojasun 61km (In 1hr -22min - 22secs)
2. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Norway) Team Sky
3. Kenny De Haes (Belgium) Omega Pharma-Lotto
4. Tyler Farrar (USA) Garmin-Transitions
5. Francesco Chicchi (Italy) Liquigas-Doimo
6. Michael Van Stayen (Belgium) Topsport Vlaanderen-Mercator
7. Danilo Napolitano (Italy) Katusha
8. Bernhard Eisel (Australia) HTC-Columbia
9. Andreas Stauff (Germany) Quick Step
10. Lucas Sebastien Haedo (Argentina) Saxo Bank
This six-day event covering a distance of 521kms, will have a separate segment each day, that will test the test the abilities and stamina of the participants in different types of terrains in Oman.
Live action with 128 pro-cyclist - in 16 teams over 6 stages - amidst thousands of spectators to cheer.
Get more details about all the segments, participating teams, route maps, detailed time , schedules, photographs, etc visit http://www.tourofoman.om/View of Muttrah Corniche route of Stage 1 with large screen live display of the entire race - 16 loops between the Riyam roundabout and the Samak roundabout.